I’m going to run Euro Strike – an online tournament for European players of Fantasy Strike on Saturday 12th October at 7pm UK time / 20:00 CEST).
This event is only open to European players to keep everyone on low ping times and good connections. Please ensure you’re able to play Fantasy Strike online matches okay before entering. If you do have any problems, the first thing to try is port forwarding. If you’re from a nearby area, but not technically in Europe, get in touch with me (Remy77077) first so we can test out some matches online, if the connection is good enough, we’d be happy to have you enter too.
Thanks to the incredible generosity of the Fantasy Strike community, this tournament will be free entry, but will also have a cash prize pool of at least $115. The exact prize amount and distribution will be announced later (I will update this page) but a minimum of 25% of the prize pool will be raffled off randomly to anyone who enters and completes their matches. That’s right, you could win a prize just by entering and playing, even if you got 0-2, and you’ve got nothing to lose, even if you’re a new player to Fantasy Strike!
To enter, register on Challonge here, with your in-game FS “Fantasy Tag” you want to play the tournament under:
Be sure that your Challonge name is the same name as your in-game name in Fantasy Strike. If your Discord name is different too, put your Discord name in parenthesis when registering for the tournament on Challonge.
To play during the event, you will need to be available during the tournament both in game, and in the Agoners discord channel. I also recommend the official Fantasy Strike discord. Discord access is essential so that match results can be reported across systems, and so I and other tournament organisers (TOs) can communicate with you as necessary. You will also need to add me Remy77077, and ThyPirateKing, plus any other co-commentators (tbd) as an in-game friend, and allow Spectators within the Fantasy Strike game options (allowed by default).
Thanks to Sony’s idiotic crossplay restrictions, I can’t allow Switch FS players to enter this event, as Sony prevents PSN players from playing vs them. If you are an EU Switch player who’d like to play though, please get in touch with me anyway! If there is enough demand I would love to run another Switch & Steam event in future.
- The event will be run as a standard Double Elimination bracket on challonge. If you’re unfamiliar with this format, all you really need to know is that you need to lose 2 matches to be knocked out of the tournament.
- It will be using the 3v3 “Team Battle” format, each match will be a first to 1 win in this format for all matches. You simply play a Friend Match vs your opponent each round, and play a single “Team Battle” match and then report the result in discord.
- Winners of each match must take a screenshot of the result (to be used in the event of any discrepancies) and must report their match in the #euro-strike-tournament channel in the Agoners discord.
- In the event people do not play, cannot play due to connection issues, there are discrepancies and disagreement in the results reported (or not reported), or any other kind of complaint, contact a Tournament Organiser immediately and we will manage that. We will allow at least 10 minutes for people to play their match or to resolve any technical issues before declaring a winner or disqualifying competitors as necessary.
- Throughout the tournament, certain matches will be streamed live via Twitch (http://twitch.tv/agoners) and/or recorded, using the in-game Fantasy Strike spectator features. If a tournament administrator notifies a player to wait for a spectator before starting the match, the player must comply. At a minimum, all final 8 player matches will be streamed live, and so once 8 players or less are left remaining, no matches should be started without a go-ahead indication from a Tournament Organiser or the result will not count.
- The prizes will be paid out through PayPal, so be sure to make an account if you do not already have one. You may also request an Amazon gift card of the same value if you would rather not be sent the money through PayPal.
- This page will be updated with other rules as necessary before the event date.