After the last event was successful I’m going to run another online event for European players of Fantasy Strike on Thursday 29th November at 7pm UTC (so 7pm UK time, 8pm CET). It is only open to European players to keep everyone to decent ping times and connections. Please ensure you’re able to play Fantasy Strike friend matches online okay before entering. If you do have any problems, the first thing to try is port forwarding.
To enter, just let me know here (or anywhere) with your Fantasy Tag (your in-game FS name) and your steam profile ID name if you are happy to make that public, and add me, Remy77077 as a Friend on Steam, so I can communicate with you easily during the tournament, and just be online on Steam and in-game and ready to play at the correct time and date. If you’re not online and in-game I will assume you are no longer entering. You’ll also need to add the opponents you get during the event as your friends within Fantasy Strike itself, and it is also recommended you add them as Steam friends to be able to communicate more easily with them too.
I will also post some updates in the Agoners discord channel, so you may wish to join that (but it’s not required) or add me in Discord too. There’s also voice chat channels there you can use if you wish to.
- The exact format of the event will be determined by the number of entrants that show at the time. I will most likely run a number of rounds of Swiss Pairing, but may run a double elimination bracket if there are a large number of entrants.
- For this event, it will be a single character (1v1) friend match, so you only need to use one character if you wish to. Each tournament round you will play a First to 2 wins (aka: “Best of 3”) with your opponent. The loser of each match can change character if they wish to do so and you do not need to start each match with the same character if you want to change (ie: there is no character lock).
- I will send you a message over Steam with who you are playing each round, and once your match is completed, the winner should message me the result. Note – you only need to report who won and who lost the first to two result, but if you want to report characters used, match/round scores etc go ahead.
- In the event people do not play, cannot play due to connection issues, there are discrepancies and disagreement in the results reported (or not reported), or any other kind of complaint reported, I will attempt to manage that. In the worst case scenario I will have to void the whole event if players do not co-operate, but I’m glad to say that’s never happened before in many events like this I’ve ran before.
- Don’t forget this is only a casual online tournament, there are no prizes other than pride and experience, it really isn’t too serious a deal – you should of course try your best to win, as that’s the whole point, but also look upon it as a chance to meet fellow Fantasy Strike players and have some fun.
Due to one player requesting it, this time I will make this a public “bracket” and I will post the ‘challonge’ link for it to players during the event. Note however that Swiss pairing rounds doesn’t really have a “bracket” as such anyway, as everyone gets to play in every round of the tournament and no-one is eliminated.
I’d like to hear your thoughts and feedback on making it a public or private bracket – especially as I want to keep this a very inclusive and casual event to get players to play more Fantasy Strike in it’s Early Access form (eventually I will run more hardcore tournaments too!). I may possibly record or stream some of the matches if feasible to do so, and if you are able to stream or record your own matches, that is highly encouraged. Good luck and good games!
4 thoughts on “European Fantasy Strike Early Access Tournament #2: 7pm UTC Thur Nov 29th 2018”
Here’s the current “likely” entrants: https://challonge.com/AgonersEUFantasyStrike2
Our 2nd EU Fantasy Strike tournament is over, the winner is:
🥈2nd place is Ulrik
Congrats to all players! Was a fantastic event, especially with the great stream by SirlinGames 🔥 Next one in a few weeks – watch this space! 😁👍
VOD for the stream:
(for next couple of weeks usually on twitch). I will put up my matches on youtube later and FS should be uploading some from the stream too I believe.
Feedback I got was a couple of players would prefer the event to be later, and a couple more could’ve made it if we’d run it later. One player would prefer it earlier but unfortunately this is already at the earliest time I can do it realistically, and I don’t want the event to run too late for CET time people.
Everyone was happy with it taking longer to be able to stream more matche, it was still a pretty quick event well <2 hours which is my target.
Any other comments please let me know 🙂
Playlist of my own matches from the tournament: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv98WcnKxQlgY0JwLsIjfOfF1ukY1Ttc4
Here’s the full replay of the tournament stream. Fantastic job on commentary by Leontes and CWheezy, featuring every player that entered: https://youtu.be/cu7W_t57BAQ